JTEEN-GMW stands for the Jewish Teen Educational Experiences Network of Greater MetroWest - Essex, Union, Morris, Sussex, and north Somerset Counties. This networks helps connect teens to great Jewish experiences, especially those provided by the Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest. Please click on our logos on the home page or the names below to see opportunities that we are currently accepting applications for, and to check out our other ongoing opportunities!
Here's a Brief Description of All of Our JTEEN Programs:
- Iris Teen Tzedakah – Leadership development program through Jewish teen philanthropy. In just one year, high school teens will be transformed into leaders making tough decisions as a group - guided by Jewish texts, traditions and practices - to allocate $16,000 to worthy projects that impact the Jewish world. Iris Teen Tzedakah is open to students in grades 9-10 living or going to school in the Greater MetroWest area.
- Iris Teen Mitzvot – Continuation program for Iris Teen Tzedakah alumni empowering teens to organize, manage, and lead hands on Jewish Service Learning opportunities.
- JTEENGMW Justice League – Team of six SUPER teens engaging in a one year term of service devoted to leadership development, direct hands-on service, community outreach and social justice learning.
- J-Serve – Yearly event where Jewish teens from all around the world participate in a day of service. For GMW, it is taking place on March 29, 2020 at 901 Route 10, Whippany NJ. 12 projects and 250+ teens expected!
- JTEEN U - Exclusive, inclusive, one-of-a-kind classes taught by our outstanding educators. Learn what you want, where you want!
- Destination: Jewish Service Learning – Grant program of up to $800 to incentivize attending trips that incorporate Jewish Service Learning. Grades 8-12.
- Mitzvah Mania – Jewish Service Learning events all over Greater MetroWest. Events are held throughout the Winter and Spring, and we load up on projects for the last two weeks of Summer vacation.
- SeniorITIS - Month long professional placement program providing rising and graduating HS seniors with work experience in a field of their interest under the guidance of a Jewish mentor. 15 hours of work experience per week during the month of July, plus 4 professional seminars!